Friday, June 6, 2008

Jackson Hole...

Chris had a food show this week in Jackson, WY. Bonnie (Chris's darling aunt) so kindly watched the kids for us. We drove up Wednesday morning and drove back Thursday night. it was a whirlwind trip, but we had a lot of fun. The scenery was breathtaking. Neither of us has been up there in a long time so it was like seeing it all for the first time. We drove up through Pocatello and Idaho Falls and I couldn't believe these beautiful shots from the car.


Snake River just outside Idaho Falls


Once we arrived to the hotel we quickly found out that we were staying in the condos above the Snow King Resort. This was our beautiful, huge condo that U.S. Foods put us up in for the night. Thank you Rich and U.S. Foods! We loved it!






View from our condo/balcony.

After the food show, which was at a lovely country club, Chris and I went to eat at Bubba's. I forgot my ponytail holder so Chris fashioned this one out of a napkin. I didn't want it to get in the way of my ribs and chicken eating. :)

Chris is so silly! I love the decor and glasses they served soda in.


I'm not a huge rib eater, but these ribs were killer! If you are going to Jackson you must eat at Bubba's. When we were checking out, Chris asked the concierge were to get the best breakfast in town, she didn't hesitate to say Bubba's. So we went there for breakfast, too. It was even better than the ribs! Totally worth going a second time!


After breakfast we did a little shopping and headed into the Teton National Park. That is where I snapped the following photos.



This is the tiniest little moose I have ever seen. It was soooo adorable!

On the drive home we stopped by this nice looking diner in Idaho Falls. BIG mistake!!! The only people in there were locals getting coffee. We should have take that as a sign! The decor was schizophrenic: they had Italian bistro elements, with carved bears climbing the wall, part of it looked like the apartment of the old maid cat lady, there was a 4 ft tall candle and holder in one corner, a flashing traffic light in another, and some walls had so many pictures you felt like you were in your grandmother's home, while other walls were almost bare. And in the entrance and bathrooms the owner had poorly done golf photos of him with various celebrities and golfers.

So, I ordered a burger with tomato, pickle, lettuce and a little mayo with a side of tots (we were in Idaho, I hoped for great taters) and a strawberry milk shake. She came back in a timely manner with our food, but never came back to check on us, or bring my shake. My burger had onions (not asked for) and no mayo (asked for). As I went to take off the onions I found that my tomato slice had rancid black seeds. I couldn't return my order since the server was not attending to us. Chris split part of his mediocre turkey sandwich with me while I ate my ok tots.

Fifteen minutes later the server returned with my shake. By then I just wanted to get out of there and head home. We told her we didn't want that and finally was able to inform her of the unacceptable tomato. She did not charge us for the burger or shake, how nice of her. Chris said his fries were awful, too, very starchy and undercooked. Well, I wasn't going to bother to take a picture, but the service and food were so terrible that I just wanted to warn you. If any of you go to Idaho Falls, do NOT eat at Cedric's Restaurant! Wendy's in Pocatello proved to be the better choice! :)

We stopped to see this museum after lunch. We had seen it on the way to Jackson and both decided to check it out. This is apparently the premiere of these displays. It was on loan from Boston. I have always been fascinated by ancient Egypt and I really learned a lot, but it also made me more curious to learn more. So I may be going to the library soon to do some research. But this was a great exhibit! Highly recommended.


We were too late to see the potato museum open, but had to get our pictures at the largest potato I've ever seen. I love taters so much I even tried to take a bite. :)


All in all, we had a good trip, but I'm glad to be back home and with my kiddies. I missed them so much! What good little pooh bears! :)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously you two are living the life of Riley!!! What's next??? ;)

    Glad you two had such a great time. I actually told Bob recently that we should go to Jackson Hole...I have family near there. So maybe one of these days you'll see pics on our blog of a trip to the great state of Wyoming!

    ReplyDelete