Sunday, July 20, 2008

Guilty Heart...

As Chris and I were away all week, the kids were left in the kind, capable hands of Aunt Diana. I so missed the kids and once Saturday morning came I just wanted to get the camp torn down and go pick them up. When they saw me neither of them wanted to let go. Any time I walked into the other room, or even had set Hannah down, they were worried I was going to leave again.

So we spent Saturday afternoon together as a family. Richard had a hard time letting me go after I said his prayers and tucked him in with a goodnight kiss. He asked me to sleep on the floor next to his bed.

I told him I missed him so much and that I'm glad we are all home. He said, "I missed you too Mom. I wanted ya." I said that the girls needed me for camp. Richard responded, "I needed ya, too." Oh the heart ache. What a sweet boy, and he understands feelings so well. I know he and Hannah will have a hard time letting me go anywhere, now. Even if it is just for a couple of hours. I love them so much and am glad we are all safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment