Sunday, July 29, 2012

Family day at Bourbon Lake

'Tis the season of scouting for the upcoming hunting season. Chris finally had a day off for us to spend time together as a family. We drove up to Kamas and stopped by my Grandpa's property for a few minutes to say hello to some cousins who were up there. Then we continued our drive up the Mirror Lake Highway into the high Uintah's.



We found a hiking trail "off the beaten path" to scout for deer and elk. It was a one mile hike to Bourbon Lake. The kids were AWESOME and didn't complain, mostly. I struggled because I am not in the same shape as I was a year ago, I am pregnant, and the elevation is much higher than that of Arkansas. But we all made it and the view at the top was worth the strenuous hike.






Once Chris got a little fishing in the kids were released to throw rocks into the lake. This is an activity they could do for hours.





Chris even got in on the action pretending to throw the kids into the water. They had so much fun and asked Daddy to do it again!




Then Chris tried to splash the kids with an enormous rock. Hannah was quick to run away but Richard was fascinated by the huge splash.



I just relaxed and enjoyed watching the kids play while taking in the beauty around us.






On the way back to the car we found this woodpecker. I was amazed it didn't fly away.



It was wonderful to spend time together as a family while enjoying nature, getting exercise, and having an adventure. I hope Chris's work slows down for him so we can spend more of our Saturdays like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment