Our friends from Arkansas did this with their kids last year and I thought I would do it this year. The kids were banned from the kitchen end of the house while preparations were made. They were also required to dress fancy for the occasion. As they entered the restaurant this is what they saw...
The kids were presented with menus, but the names of the items were mixed up in love/Valentine names. The kids had no idea what they were ordering which made it fun. Hannah's first course consisted of soda, meatballs, and carrots (not bad) and Richard's was soda, strawberry jam, and pasta sauce (totally funny!) They kept asking for forks or spoons, but they had ordered those in other courses. Eventually they had all they needed to enjoy a lovely meal. It was a lot of fun and they both want to do it again tonight. But I think I will wait for another special occasion.
Good job Richard and Hannah for not getting sauce on your nice clothes. Score another one for Mom - you did a great job for valentines day Jaime!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Annette. They did do a good job staying clean. We had fun.
ReplyDeleteI'm soooo glad you tried this! Looks like they had so much fun! Yay for crazy family memories!
ReplyDeleteIf it were not for you I would never have done this. Thank you for your awesome mommy inspiration! :)
ReplyDeleteOh man this is so adorable! I was a looser this year and didn't do anything.
ReplyDelete