Chris and I broke down and bought new bikes. Mine was a loaner and the gears began gowing a couple of years ago. It also needs new tires, so I bought a new one. Chris found a good one for him and we took the kids for a ride around Spring Meadow Lake. We are working on riding without the training wheels, they are close, but with an extended family ride it was just easier to put them on for the day.
We have been researching kayaks for a while and decided to get these little ones that the kids can learn in. So today we went back to Spring Meadow Lake for a little trial. They had a lot of fun. Richard is a little champ and Hannah is learning quickly. But my body is SORE now! It was totally worth it. :)
While the kids and I were kayaking Chris was fishing. He caught this beautiful trout and cooked it up for dinner. It was a great family day and we had a wonderful time!
Looking good as a family on those bikes! I love the ones of the kids in the kayaks, you can see their self esteem rise while they paddle. What a fun family adventure, great job again on the pictures!!
ReplyDeleteWow! I am inspired! I think I will dust off my bike and go for a ride this weekend! Good catch Chris, what a beaut! Thanks for the pics and BTW I am totally jealous of those adorable kayaks!
ReplyDelete