We found an ice cream machine at the thrift store for $5, but it was 50% off day...so we got it, in perfect condition, for $2.50. I found a recipe from Alton Brown on Food Network and got to work. It was so amazing that it was gone before I could take a picture.
Then I made this apron for a special young man. I cannot mention his name since he has not received it yet.
Last night I found a darling diaper pattern for dolls and this morning I found this adorbale dress pattern. I put my scraps to use as I tried them out. I still have to figure out the fastening (buttons, velcro, I don't know) but I am pretty happy with my first try.
Although I love my new sewing area, I was not totally happy with it. Hannah helped me pick out the papers and Richard helped with the pattern (which paper on which drawer). I used Mod Podge to seal everything in nicely. I am really happy with it now and cannot wait to Mod Podge our new kitchen step stool, another thrift store find!
Thank you Pinterest for all of your inspiration!
I Love the apron, you did a good job. Cute doll clothes, they are so fun to make because they go so fast. Thanks for sharing. Annette
ReplyDelete