Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Sunday

We had a very low-key Easter between General Conference, being away from family, and that we went to the huge egg hunt/party last weekend. The kids didn't mind, so long as they got some surprises from the Easter Bunny.


The kids each got a shovel and pain filled with chocolate, a poster, and a toy or two. Hannah got these number/letter foams that the kids had a lot of fun with. Richard got an airplane set. They were both very happy.

At first, Richard thought this was a kite, but still happy to know that he could hang this cool poster on his wall.


Chris helped Hannah open her poster and she shouted, "That is what I wanted. I wanted this." I'm sure the Easter Bunny is very pleased with his/her decision to get this poster. Hannah talks to the Mad Hatter almost every day and puts her princess dress on to be Alice. Very cute!


It was a nice, peaceful, relaxing day. I'm so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement. What a blessing to know the truth of our Father's plan and to strive to live the gospel daily. I find great joy in watching my children learn about Jesus. Each night I sing a few songs to them before bed and one or the other will ALWAYS ask for, "Heavenly Father" (A Child's Prayer) or I Am a Child of God. And they are getting really good at saying their prayers and thinking of family as we do so. I'm also thankful for the loving example of a worthy priesthood holder as a husband and father. We have been so blessed and I KNOW that it is all due to the love of a wonderful Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment